Balance Blades provide the child and parent a sense of psychological safety. This allows the child the ability to experience higher levels of engagement, increased motivation, greater learning and development, and improved performance.
Ability to move right away
Better initial control, balance and agility
Learn basic skills quickly
Shortened period to learn to skate
- Build early skate confidence
- Re-assurance to avoid rear falls
- More fun
- Better overall initial experience
- Increased future participation
- Want a skate that minimize the risk of rear falls
- Reduces instances of head (concussions), arm and lower back injuries
Enjoy teaching your child to skate
- No need to hold up the child
- Saves parents lower back
- Easier way to teach the child
Parents with limited skating ability themselves
- Skate teaches without effort
- Skate keeps your child balanced
- Takes away the worry
Want your child to succeed
- Learn to skate quickly
- Early accomplishments
- Grow participation
- Easy transition into next skating stream
Learn to skate process:
Balance Blades assist with the learn to skate process and are recommended for the absolute beginner skater.
Results may vary child to child depending on previous skating experience. Previous skating experiences may hinder or delay the adjustment to the blades.
It may take a little time to adjust and learn the benefits of Balance Blades. Balance Blades are not going to make your non-skating child automatically skate, they have to learn that on their own.
Skating takes time to learn and your child will develop balance and skating skills over many repeated skating sessions.
Kids learn to skate safer and sooner while learning to skate on Balance Blades.
It is recommended that the child use a training aid/chair/pilon/hockey stick to hold onto initially.
Balance Blades recommends the child use protective equipment including a helmet while using our skates.
Balance Blades will help in the early stages of the learn to skate process, keeping them up and balanced.