Prevent Rear Falls
Indentations hidden within the rear contour of the blade involuntary and automatically engage the ice, when the blades slips under the skater to the point that a fall is inevitable.
Based on scientifically tested theories of movement. Newton's 1st physical law of motion; an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by an external force.
- The indentations engage the ice (external force) and disrupts the skates forward inertia (constant velocity).
- This disrupts the angular momentum and rotates the skater forward.
- It allows the skater a moment to counteract, realign and stabilize their centre of gravity, thus catching one's balance.
- When balance is caught, a potential rear fall and injury is prevented.
Standing up from the ice.
Standing in one spot.
Wider Flatter Middle
- More blade contact with ice surface.
- Better stability.
- Less rocker.
- Even distribution of weight.
- Increased balance.
4 Sizes in 1 Adjustable Skate
- Push button adjustable
- The skate features an adjustable shell that expands to 4 sizes.
- One pair of Balance Blades is good for up to 4 seasons.
- Sizes include Y8 to Y11 and Y12 to J2
Balance Blades purchased from the online store will need to be sharpened. This can be done at any professional sharpening location.
The indentations on the front and rear of the blade can slowly be reduced during regular sharpening throughout 3 transitional stages as your child's skating skills improve.
This reduce's the child's dependency on Balance Blades, similar to taking off the training wheels, except at a slower pace.
Balance Blades slowly changes back to a regular skate blade.